Our Goals and Objectives
CANGRANDS goals and objectives are to assist the special needs of Kin-headed households by advocating for the best interests of all children in our care.
- to help with the transition of children entering into new Kin care giving family situations;
- to assist children in their right to live in a stable, safe and secure environment with loving Kin caregiver families and not in foster homes with strangers;
- to promote community support for Kin caregiver families;
- to provide a self help support setting for Kin caregiver families by encouraging members to broaden their understanding through the sharing of knowledge and experience;
- to promote research into Kin caregiver families in our country.
- to acquire a resource library and internet site with established resource materials.
- to extend knowledge to the citizenry;
- to promote, support and advocate for the needs and rights of children raised in Kin caregiver homes.
ObjectivesCANGRANDS objectives are:
- to provide all members with encouragement, moral, emotional and practical support; as well as recreational interaction through annual social activities for children and adults in the kin-care giving families;
- to enrich members lives by providing educational resources;
- to extend membership to all Kin caregiver families with no exclusion for reasons of cultural or economical levels;
- on behalf of members, to assist in finding informed legal, financial, educational, and coping-skills information concerning and relating to limitations affecting children;
- to raise and manage funds: to secure a meeting place, a website, and provide resources for members and other interested parties, and to carry out annual activities and programs for kin-care giving families;
- to work independently and in partnership with other individuals and groups to further our mandate and vision;
- to advocate for secure nurturing of children in their Kin caregiver families.